Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Stopped Clock and All That...


Unlike many people, I don't think Bill Gates is evil encarnate or anything like that. Then again, I'm not an OS zealot... I don't care how the computer runs- I just care that it does. On the other hand, as a Seattle liberal, Bill Gates doesn't usually get many brownie points from me, either. (Yeah, I know he's given a bazillion dollars to different charities. And?)

Today, I saw this about Gates and his kids. I think he's on to something.
Gates said he and his wife Melinda decided to set a limit of 45 minutes a day of total screen time for games and an hour a day on weekends, plus what time she needs for homework.
An hour on school days? Not such a bad plan. On weekends? Maybe just an hour is a bit... over the top. All day? I don't like that.

Thoughts? If you have school-aged kids, how long do they get to play on game systems (lump the game consoles and the PC together for this) each school day? What about on the weekends? Does that change during the summer?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?