To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Monday, March 26, 2007
The Monday Morning News Reader
It's not a complete look around the news- it's what caught my eye. YMMV.
- The first of many ANS mysteries solved- accidental overdose. Not a big shocker there.
- If you're not paying your child support, you might end up on a pizza box. Is this to shame the dead-beats?
- Intellectual freedom on campus? Not so much.
- Dueling abortion campaigns- "pill patrol" (to make sure you can get the abortion pill in every neighborhood in America) v. $500 to prevent abortions.
- Speaking of preventing abortions, best wishes to (ex)Miss Jamaica for returning her crown instead of having an abortion.
- This might set back gay rights decades. (And I'm not saying it's a bad thing... far from it). Of course motherhood trumps lesbianism... one is genetically coded, and one... isn't.
- If I have to choose between a better vocabulary or better behavior for my kids... I'll take the behavior. They can always learn more words. (And my kids have a very well-developed vocabulary, thankyouverymuch.)
- Feminism is bad for your health. Go figure.
- Who would ask a woman to smuggle 3 crocs across the border... strapped to her body???
- For some people, global warming wouldn't be a bad thing.
- A home intruder was shot... by a pellet gun. Not deadly, but... ouch. I'd love to know why he's recovering at Brooke Army Medical Center, though.
- A Brazilian immigrant had this to say about illegal immigration at a recent rally: "We all know this is Mexican land. They didn't cross the border. The border crossed them." Wow... that's just... nuts. (And if you read the last paragraph, you'll see one of many reasons to not respect these morons.)
- Jesus wasn't a vegetarian, and PETA is just trying to rile Christians... again...
- Is Chuck Hagel still running for President? If so... for which party?
- The Goracle might not get his concert on Capitol Hill after all... oh, darn...
- For this week's scandal, we have this. (You know... I think I've figured this out. The Dems keep coming up with all of these weird scandals, and I know how. They just think about what they would do if they were in the White House, and then they blame Bush, Co.)
- Rick Santorum, filmmaker? Cool.
- Edwards doesn't want your sympathy vote. How else is he going to get any?
- Sean Penn gave another anti-war speech. This one is interesting only because of this quote: "Those who bathe in the moisture of your soiled and blood-soaked underwear" ewww... then again... they were in San Francisco, so... no... I'm sticking with "ewww"
- Fred is tied with Hillary, and he's not even in the race (yet). Go, Fred... GO!!!
- Evidently, internet access in the US isn't so much as "the haves and the have-nots"... it's more like "the haves and the don't-wants."
- There's a sheep that's 15% human... I'm guessing he's not dinner, right?
- How weird- I was just trying to explain semi-identical twins to someone just the other day.
- Here's your phrase for the day: "Carbon Dictatorship"- that's what activists are warning will take over if "we don't take care of global warming," leading to the creation of an "Earth Commission for Thermostatic Control." Man, I just love these people- hours of fun and frivolity.
- Wasn't there something like this in Back to the Future?
- Woohoo! More coffee for me!
- Stalin, known for killing millions of Russians (by order and by policy) is being used as a symbol of order and discipline by a utilities company wanting overdue bills paid up. Does anyone else think that's just a little off?
- The longest address on the web is www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochuchaf.eu Got that? It's part of the official site of a Welsh village (I got that from the "llan"... it's pronounced "clan", in case you were wondering...)