Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 29, 2007

Picking Nits


Well, there's been an offer on the house. They offered less than asking price, plus they wanted us to cover $5k of closing costs, and they want to close by July 16th. They're not asking much, are they?

We countered.

They countered.

We countered again. That's our final offer. We really can't go lower.

It's like some bizarre intricate dance, and I don't know the steps. What's the right move? How close can you get to the edge of the (financial/business cliff? Are you sure you can't budge just a little bit more? Maybe I'd know more if I had sold a house before. I've only bought. This is completely new to me.

I've already informed the boys that, if they accept the counter, then we're in full-fledged panic mode for 2 weeks, getting everything packed up and moved. Since over half of our stuff is already living in a storage shed, getting the rest out won't be too bad.

Except the attic. Drat. I forgot about the attic.

UPDATE: They accepted the offer. Panic mode begins.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?