Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Price of Getting Older...


... is evidently $60.

I just received a postcard in the mail from the president of Althoff Catholic High School's Class of '87. Looks like our mumble year reunion is coming up next month. It's going to be at a golf club that didn't even exist when we graduated, and for music, food, beer and soda, it's going to cost us $60 a piece. I just took a look at the club's restaurant menu. If it's going to cost $60, that means a lot of beer. Well, one would hope, anyway.

Do I even want to go? I mean, sure, it would be cool to see some of the people I hung out with in high school. I've kept in touch with a couple of people, but not all that many.

But, I also remember our last reunion. It was... um... the pits. They held in the high school cafeteria. (Some of you might have had a cool cafeteria- we didn't.) The food was... predictable (some baked chicken dish and soggy veggies, IIRC). I remember there was music (I think it was a DJ). No one could talk because of the music. Do I want to do that again?

I dunno. There's a lot of stuff going on right now. I'll have to think about it.

But... $60? Yikes.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?