Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, August 20, 2007

Gender Differences


You know, most of the time, I like being a girl. While not exactly a girly girl (and having lost my "chick card" some time ago due to my lack of Barbie mojo, issues with a VW Bug starter, and that incident involving Monday Night Football Tickets), I do still have the basics down.

But being a girl isn't all shopping trips and proper accessorization. There is a down side. Most of the "cons" I can cope with or compensate for. That doesn't mean I have to like them.

Case in point. Bugs. I'm fine with them in the great out of doors. I'm not so fine with them in my territory. They get their world- I get mine.

Which makes me squealing like a little girl last night when T1 pointed out the ginormous bug (at least 2 inches long) on the wall last night perfectly understandable and bordering on acceptable. Fortunately for me, T1 is a guy, and I took this crisis as a teaching opportunity for him. I explained that he's a guy, and it was about time that he embraced the time honored tradition of guys being responsible for dispatching bugs to the two-dimensional realm. Although he didn't quite buy the whole "it's a guy job- get used to it") mantra, he did, nevertheless, squish the monster in a fashion much more civilized than his mother would have contemplated.

He stepped on it. I would have gone after it with a shovel or a sledgehammer. But that's just me.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?