Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, October 08, 2007

Ode To All Things Monstrous


Since I'm a bit of a science geek (and sci-fi, but nowhere near hard core), people often mistakenly assume that I'm also a gamer geek. I'm not a gamer geek, but it seems that I live with some, and that gives me a unique opportunity that I don't take advantage of nearly enough- I can observe gamer geeks in their natural habitat and mock them mercilessly.

My kids learned (quickly- after all, they are smart skulls full of mush) that my eyes would roll back in my head and I would begin twitching uncontrollably at the mere mention of hit points, XP, armor class, orcs or which weapons work best when fighting a half shadow gold dragon. They never could figure out why I really never could muster up the desire to join in their hours of magical mystical fun.

I've been told that I'd like it ... if I really tried. I'm not so sure... especially if I'd have to deal with these. If you're afraid to click the link, it's an article on the goofiest monsters D&D has been able to come up with.

Here. I'll give you a few examples. First, we have the MonkeyBee.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next, we have the evil gelatinous cube.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And we can't forget the vile giant vampire frog.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I guess if the lime jello doesn't get you, the evil garden creatures just might.

It really is a funny article (for gamer geeks and normal people alike).



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?