Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, October 19, 2007

This Kid's OK


I just saw an interview with the young man who started this club. Here's a bit from the club's web site:
I am 14 years old. I started the No Cussing Club at my junior high school in South Pasadena, California in 2007. A lot of kids at my school, and some of my friends, would cuss and use dirty language all the time. They did it so much, they didn't even realize they were doing it. It bothered me so much that one day I challenged them to stop! They were shocked. They didn't know that it was bothering me. They didn't even realize how much they were doing it until I said something. I was actually surprised at how they reacted; they accepted my No Cussing Challenge. But some of the kids said they didn't know how to stop. That's when I started the No Cussing Club.
I took a lot of guts for this kid to stand up to his friends. He's to be commended for wanting... no, expecting certain behavior from his friends. It's just sad that there were so many kids at school who cussed that he had to do it.

I think everyone knows my opinions on the subject of cussing (too much of it happens... occasionally, it's excusable... please don't do it on my blog...). What about you? What do you think about this club? What do you think about how... relaxed language has become?



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?