Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, November 02, 2007

He's Says It Like It's a Bad Thing


Barry Bonds will boycott the Hall of Fame if they display his record-breaking home run ball with an asterisk on it.
That includes skipping his potential induction ceremony.

“I won’t go. I won’t be part of it,” Bonds said in an interview with MSNBC that aired Thursday night. “You can call me, but I won’t be there.”

...So, if the Hall goes through with the asterisk display?

“I will never be in the Hall of Fame. Never,” Bonds said. “Barry Bonds will not be there.

“That’s my emotions now. That’s how I feel now. When I decide to retire five years from now, we’ll see where they are at that moment,” he added. “We’ll see where they are at that time, and maybe I’ll reconsider. But it’s their position and where their position will be will be the determination of what my decision will be at that time.”
So... what I'm taking from that is that Barry's throwing a temper tantrum, but he'll be at the induction because either Cooperstown will cave just prior to his induction ceremony (if he is inducted, that is) or because he really really wants people to notice him.

All things being equal, he won't be inducted. Mark McGuire won't get in. Neither will Sammy Sosa. It's just the way it is. So this is really all academic, but it's still fun to see Barry get all worked up.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?