To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Here are some suggestions from the APC to help everyone "embrace a 'pie-in-the-sky' attitude:
- Buy an extra pie at the grocery store and give it to the person in line behind you.
- Take a pie to a new neighbor to say "hi"
- Bring some pie to work
- Make a pie with your kids
- Invite friends over for afternoon pie.
And here's some pie trivia:
- The first mention of a fruit pie in print was in Robert Green's "Arcadia" (1590)
- In England, Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of pie in 1644, declaring it a pagan form of pleasure. The ban was lifted in 1660.
- The airplane Buddy Holly died in was named "American Pie."
- In America, fruit pie was a common breakfast food in the 1800s.
- Shoo-fly pie (a wet-bottom molasses pie) was used to attract flies from the kitchen (yum).
There you go. Your random info for the day. Don't you feel more... informed for it?