To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Friday, January 04, 2008
Something a Little Different
It's been a while since I've put together a science news round up, and, with political fatigue setting in already, I think it's about time we change focus.
- The expansion of the universe isn't accelerating... time is just slowing down. What happens when it stops altogether?
- I'm still trying to figure out why some super-computer somewhere hasn't figured out if WD5 is actually going to hit Mars.
- Here are a few lists: Top 10 space discoveries; the Top 10 Mars rover discoveries; the weird science stories; several different "top science stories" lists; and the Top 10 spaceflight stories.
- They're predicting a heat wave in London, even though we're about to start a wave of global cooling. Paging the Goracle. Now what?
- It's amazing what college kids will do for science (and money).
- The National Academy of Sciences would like you to know that you can believe in evolution and God at the same time. Thanks for the theology lesson. What if we don't believe in the religion of evolution because it's just plain bad science?