To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tidbits From The Ticker
Here's all the news that didn't put me to sleep:
- I doubt he's going to last long in prison. At least, I hope he doesn't. (Sound harsh? He should have the same thing done to him that he did to his daughter.)
- Speaking of prison... this guy isn't going to enjoy his stay much, either.
- How convenient!
- This says less about the housing market (and the stupidity of subprime loans) than it does about how selfish, cruel, and vile people can be.
- So... a kid puts poison in some drinks, and the grandmother is charged with child endangerment? (Oh, yeah... I know there was a complete breakdown in discipline, if there ever was any, but... )
- When I read this headline, I thought it was a little extreme. But it wasn't just "a kiss"- they were making out. But expelled? My, how times have changed.
- A rocket scientist he isn't.
- Don't taze me, amigo!
- I'm fairly confident that this came straight out of a country/western song.
- Oh, yeah... I always called an ambulance when my toddlers threw up. Yes, he was doing his job, but... he does have the option of discretion. They both made mistake... and I don't buy that she "made" the driver behind her make the U-turn. Huh?
- Well, that would be interesting if his bosses really did know.
- A vast left wing conspiracy? Who knew?
- At least he's not endorsing Hillary, right?
- A quasi-endorsement from Mr. Peanut.
- Is Harry Smith trying to give someone ideas?
- This really seemed goofy to begin with, ya know?
- Last week, Fred! and Dennis the Menace dropped out. Silky Pony and Rudy are dropping out this week. Ron Paul next week? (A girl can dream, right?)
- Pass the Big Mac©!
- A happy accident.
- Even ugly critters can help researchers.
- And? If you check the geological record (which you can do now), you'll see that this happens cyclically...
- I don't think I want that much technology that close to my optic nerve.
- They were short 57 Smurfs, but they say they could have gotten more if they only knew.
- *cue Land Before Time music* Friends for dinner?
- I hope these TSA folks got fired. A magazine photo?
- ew... just... ew...
- uh... no thanks.
- I want that job... but I'm not Japanese. I'm sure that's in the rules, right?
- The next "must read"?