To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Friday, February 22, 2008
Headlines For A Sound Bite World
Sound bites rule the roost these days, so let's see what I can get to bite this morning.
- Anyone surprised that the driver who plowed into a school bus, killing 4 kids, was an illegal alien? Cue Gilbert.
- I'm all about creative punishments, but isn't this punishing her neighbors and not her?
- If you take all the money she wants to spend on education and medical care for illegals, I bet you could round up and ship off all the illegals. Just sayin'...
- No, they're not terrorists... they're just activists.
- You know, maybe they just want to retire.
- Does Turkey know what it's doing? They better not shoot at the wrong people- it could get... messy...
- Everyone who crosses the Mexican border illegally just wants a better life. Right?
- He's not a terrorist; he's a moron.
- When the gun grab starts, let's all head to Montana.
- I'm sure my aunt will freak when she hears about all the concealed guns on the U campus, but I hope the current legal battle ends the safe way sooner rather than later.
- Can we do the same thing to the genetic material donors?
- I'm glad that the President is having some fun, but didn't he just prove the axiom that white men can't dance?
- Obama won the global primary, which awards 5 half delegates to the convention. I'd hate to actually have to figure out the rules of the DNC nomination process.
- Are we supposed to actually care what other continents think about our elections?
- Huck's not going anywhere- he wants a brokered convention.
- The Secret Service stopped weapons screening at an Obama rally in Dallas. That just seems... odd... Let's see what kind of fun the conspiracy nuts have with this one.
- Stevens is the Energizer Senator.
- Oh, this is precious... Campaign finance laws might bite a candidate in the rear. Anyone want to guess which one?
- If the books didn't call Christians "pigs" and Jews "monkeys", then why shred the books?
- Socks! They were beaten because of socks. (I'm trying to figure out why the second woman was beaten, but I'm not crazy enough, I guess.)
- No more piggy banks.
- Here's a shocker. (No, really.) Saudi clerics have pronounced that it is not fundamentally un-Islamic for women to drive.
- Abstract math helps treat cancer. Study up, folks!
- hmmm... identical twins aren't identical... well, duh! Have you met my kids?
- More global warming bad data.
- We're all the same... except that we're different? How much did we pay for these studies?
- Zednik knew he was in trouble right away. But, hey- he got a call from Ivan Gasporovic, and he's on the mend. It's all good now.
- Prosecutors can be so stupid sometimes.
- That's going to put a dent in my diet.
- Can the Red Cross do this?
- Wolves get a downgrade (and that's a good thing).
- Hollywood has no problem with leaving a huge carbon footprint if it's in the name of raising awareness of environmental issues.