To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Lunch Link Lowdown
Some tasty tidbits to go with your ham sammich and chips.
- Here's a list of groups of people who won't be receiving a "stimulus" check. Is it bad of me to say that I don't want a check, but I'd love a tax break instead?
- I hate to admit it, but I agree with the PA. The US shouldn't be given the PA millions of dollars of aid if the US courts are, in their words, "trying to bankrupt them." This is where the agreement ends- we shouldn't be giving them one red cent.
- Yet another perk of staying at Club Gitmo. (Feel free to ignore the liberal tripe in the bulk of the post- it's the "first question" that caught my eye. The rest is standard "Gitmo is evil.")
- The stupidity of some people has stopped amazing me. But this guy comes close.
- A Hizballah terrorist, instrumental in the death of probably hundreds of Israelis and Americans, has received his 72 raisins. But... this can't be right... the article said he was in Damascus. That's in Syria. But Nancy Pelosi and Arlen Spector have assured us that Syria is our partner in the was against terrorism. Basher al-Asad would never harbor a known terrorist... right?
- It would be silly to hope that Assud the Rabbit is more like Wiley Coyote than Bugs, right?
- I applaud the effort to get a world-wide moratorium on abortion. It is nonsensical for the UN to push for a moratorium on the death penalty (which kills the guilty) and not on abortions (which kills the innocent). Then again, the UN never did make much sense.
- A laptop is worth $54 million? I know she's claiming that the damages are for "potential identity theft," but that's a lot of identity theft. There are cheaper ways of protecting your identity, right?
- This is easy to figure out. Blood test anyone? (Does make you wonder how many "love children" might be out there.)
- Another of Vad's enemies has met his Maker. Nah... no coincidence there.
- At one blog (I can't remember which one) a commenter referred to this as "Occam's Wheelchair." Yes, he was a criminal, but he didn't deserve this.
- You know, I might just go to KFC and get some Original Recipe as a consumer-based "pppphbt" at PETA.
- When has beer ever cost more than water?
- Another "Mother of the Year" nominee. Fortunately, there was no serious injury. Not for a lack of trying.
- Pranks at high schools are wrong. But they can be funny.
- Well... they might have done something and just weren't caught. You never know.
- Why did they have 16 Indian teachers in the first place?
- First, there was California Exodus. Now there's "Rescue Your Child." Nope. Nothing wrong with public schools, especially in California.
- Scientific inquiry into alternative theories and debate on said theories are being squashed in Florida.
- Since I'm not a Democrat, I wasn't really aware of the whole "superdelegate" concept. From what I can tell, it's a way for the DNC to put in the nominee of their choice, no matter who the voters in each state actually choose. Nice...
- So... the GOP is about to nominate a moderate (at best) as its Presidential candidate, and yet, in some places, the conservatives are still alive and well. I wish those places would spread the love. No, really.
- The Gun Control freaks are at it again. The NRA is correct- it is incremental gun control.
- Is the lack of a "congrats, dude" really that big of a deal?
- If you can't get rid of the Electoral College, just go around it.
- Did he just forget it was there?
- Uno, who like me was born in Belleville and has a bit of Austin and the Midwest in his history, is Top Dog. Gotta love the Snoopy Dog.
- A new Home of The Future. How long until this one in obsolete?
- Who in the world goes on a cruise for healthy food and exercise?
- Detroit is the most miserable city. Not news.