To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Here's a few tidbits for your reading (notice I didn't say "reading pleasure").
- Isn't this treason?
- In case you didn't know it, Fidel Castro resigned, leaving baby brother Raul in charge. The US has no plans to alter its policy at this time. Good.
- Speaking of Fidel, here is MRC's list of flattering coverage of North America's favorite dictator.
- If someone has been deported 14 times already, don't you think we need to figure out how exactly he's getting in a close up that particular leak?
- A new minaret is being erected in St. Louis' Bevo Mill neighborhood. I wonder if all those Bosnian Muslims understand that one of the official meals of St. Louis is the pork steak.
- A shopper was knocked out because of aisle space. How mature...
- Speaking of mature... that's not. Dang... it was a £284.68 ($552.16 US)bill, plus 10% service charge. Oh, yeah, I'd want an apology.
- Americans feel better about the future. Why did they ever feel bad about it?
- Why did this moron still have his driver's license in the first place?
- Why have cell phones ever been allowed in schools?
- Utility bills in Iraq are a good thing.
- We knew they were nuts, but now we have "proof."
- Are you sure we really want universal healthcare?
- Bill Sammon's book talks about Obama's desire to be around communist professors and writers. Here is one example of the kind of person Obama considers his mentors.
- I wonder what size shoe Michelle Obama wears, and if it tastes good with ketchup.
- Hillary throws Chelsea under the sub-compact (not quite as damaging as a bus, but still...)
- I bet President Bush didn't expect to receive props from Bob Geldof.
- Someone in the Hardball graphics department is in deep kimchee over this little gaffe.
- I'm sure Hillary will question the timing.
- Lunar eclipse tonight!!!! (9-10pm Central time) If the clouds move off, yes, we'll be outside during that time. Did you even have to ask?
- Technology as addiction.
- The science of Jumper.
- Alternative energy that's easy to use. Just wear the generator.
- If the Navy can successfully shoot down the dead DoD satellite, it will prove we're on the right track with our missile defense program. They say that like it's a bad thing.
- We have one of these in America, except it's an entire town. It's called Roswell.
- Yet another case of Global Stupidity.
- He's really anti-smoking, I guess.
- You don't really think about veterinarian emergency rooms needing blood for its patients, but I'm glad someone thought about it. (Makes me wonder how many animal rights activists would cringe at the idea of bringing in their own Fluffy or Fido for this...)
- If they get rid of "fall premieres", when will Sweeps Week happen?
- "I hope it wasn't venomous." uh... it's a little late to worry about that, kiddo. (In Terri Irwin's defense, I would have let my kids hold a non-venomous snake at that age.)
- Geez... I was a Lil Sis for this fraternity (the OU chapter has been gone for years, though). Way to go, guys! Morons.