Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Basketball and Blogging


As this post publishes, my kids and I will be on our way to a homeschool basketball tournament at Liberty University. I'll watch at least 15 basketball games in 5 days, attend a surprise birthday party for the boys' coach, and hang out with Kat for a while. I should be back in the Lone Star State sometime Saturday.

This is going to be an interesting week. The players on both teams are great kids. There are 15 boys (JV and Varsity) and 7 girls going, along with 7 moms, 3 dads, several siblings, a couple of grandparents, and a puppy making the trip. Someone's bringing an X-box, there will be several decks of cards, and who knows what else (Airsoft and Super-Soakers have been forbidden). No, I'm not planning on seeing my kids much off the court.

Oh, yeah... and I need to dust off my copy of Basketball for Dummies because I will probably be doing the books for at least one game. Scared yet?

So... if I'm somewhere between Texas and Virginia, how did I get this to post? Blogger's testing a new feature where you can schedule posts. I tested it on Wednesday with my Wednesday's Hero post, and it worked great. (You didn't really think I was awake at 6am to post that, did you?)

Of course, I have the laptop with me, and supposedly the hotel we're staying at has wi-fi, but I'm afraid there will be a charge for it. If that's the case, I'll be hunting all around Liberty University for a coffee shop with wi-fi. Just in case I can't find one , I've prepared a few little tidbits to publish during the week. Granted, it won't be "current", but I hope you'll enjoy them anyway.

If you're off the praying sort, please pray for safe travel for the team and a safe and fun week for the kids. Also, on a slightly selfish note, pray for the boys' playing. (My kids have come a long way this season, mostly on defense. Unfortunately, they haven't really had a lot of opportunities to take a shot, and have yet to score a basket in a game. They'd really like to change that, especially in the tournament.)

Have a great few days!



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?