Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Do Something!


This video, according to HotAir, is "the all purpose, thoughtful, socially-conscious power ballad."

It will make you want to... I don't know... do something.

Seriously, don't you think this perfectly describes people's desires to do something for a cause, no matter how useless? You (the general, generic you) feel better because you did something. (I include myself in that stereotype. I've done things for no better reason than it made it appear that I was doing something for the cause, even when whatever it was I did was only contributing to the cause in my delusion of grandeur.)

Am I saying you should never get involved in a cause or take a stand? No. Not even close. (To quote Aaron Tippin, you've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.) I'm saying that too many people will do some small random act that has no impact just to get the warm fuzzy that comes from doing something. If you're serious about getting involved, then make your actions serious.

Leave a mark. Don't just do something.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?