To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Round Up! Get Your Round Up!
It's been a while since I did a news post. Here's one:
- Saudi Arabia is unhappy with Iran for meddling in Lebanon's business.
- John Hagee is going to apologize to Catholics. If that's really what he believes, based on his interpretation of the Bible, then why should he apologize? I mean, until recently, the Catholic Church thought Hagee was going to hell, too.
- My prom dress didn't look like this, that's for sure.
- Looking for a job? There are 300 openings in Iowa, possibly more if management takes a hit for the hires.
- If this is true, Mr. Mutlu will own JetBlue in a matter of time.
- This one is iffy. I have no doubt that some soldiers come back from war traumatized by what they've seen and had to do. But I also know that I could probably get disability for Viet Nam related PTSD due to a quirk in the rules (yes, there are jerks who never set foot in Viet Nam who have filed for and received "aid" for their "PTSD"). Shell shock was first diagnosed in WWI, although there were similar symptoms mentioned in the US Civil War. Did the ravages of war not affect soldiers before the 1860s? Or, more likely, did they have other ways of dealing with the problems? Maybe learning from the past isn't such a bad idea.
- Let's see... environmental start-up businessman from Austin...yapping on the phone during a flight... disrespectful of authority and rules... I'm guessing he's a liberal.
- "Feisty." Good description of this guy.
- Speaking of robbers... don't take a bb gun to a shotgun fight.
- This had to hurt.
- Democrats are racists? Who knew? (Notice that they never mentioned that the campaign workers were contacting fellow Democrats... I guess that's not important.)
- This float won't be in the Macy's parade.
- How do college kids get to be superdelegates?
- Under the circumstances, maybe this was honoring his mom. (I mean, she's a tiny little thing compared to Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.) Then again, maybe he was just a little embarrassed to have Mommy trying to come to his rescue. He's a big boy- let him fight his own battles, Mom.
- Annika is retiring after this season.
- Is a pitcher getting excited that big of a deal? I guess so.
- My Cards need to get off their rears. And Dad's favorite player needs to quit with the arguing.
- Mathematicians still viewed as geeks. In other news... the sky is still blue.
- Here's a cool photo of lightning near the Chaiten volcano.
- Speaking of volcanoes... Etna burped again.
- I guess this sheriff's deputy moonlights as a fashion cop.
- "The Extraterrestrial Is My Brother." I can't make stuff like this up.
- How do you forget you're carrying a gun?
- Just what we need... space lawyers.
- Do we really care what superheroes' political affiliations are?