To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Round and Round
You'll notice some new subject headers in today's round-up. I'll change them around as necessary.
- Unless he's being released with a GPS tracker surgically implanted (or maybe injected... you know, as part of a medical exam or something), this is just stupid.
- The devastation in Middle America due to the floods, according to some, makes Katrina look like a minor inconvenience. Will there still be people on government aid because of the floods 3 years from now? Will it all be government's fault? Just wondering...
- They say "increased arrests" like it's a bad thing.
- I guess I should be grateful that they didn't have this in Kiowa, Oklahoma.
- "Ailing" or "vigorous and animated"? Make up your mind. Not that I care all that much about him... I'm just waiting patiently until the day that I can... um... "mourn" his passing at a local Cuban restaurant with my first Mojito.
- ... aw... the bombers are "special"... how... quaint.
- The Left really doesn't understand that WE'RE AT WAR, do they?
- So... gay couples can get married in California. For now, at least. They want to keep it low key... They have a point- flamboyant ceremonies aren't going to help their cause in November. Someone better tell George to go with a nice dark suit instead of the satin gown, ok?
- I'll leave this one to the professional drivers- are bumper stickers indicative of road rage?
- Condo associations are as bad as home owners associations.
- Well... at least the call center isn't in India, right?
- Here's an interview with Senator Obama. Go ahead and read it if you need more reasons to despise his policies.
- Speaking of Obama, McCain is right- he does sound a lot like Jimmy Carter.
- Obama is meeting with his national security advisory group today. On the agenda, after story time, they will have a snack of Goldfish crackers and apple juice, go outside for recess, and then have nap time. (The article didn't say if Tigger and Eeyore were invited to the meeting.)
- Michelle Obama was on The View today. When will they invite Cindy McCain to be on the show? *cue crickets*
- President Bush isn't the only leader with poor polling results. I guess it's the cost of leadership.
- Moveon.org (nope, not going to link to it) has a new ad, where a "mom" tells Senator McCain that if he wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years, he can't her infant son, Alex. There are so many things wrong with this ad that it's not even funny. Not that it's ever stopped them before.
- Honestly, I doubt there are more than a handful of politicians who have read and really understand the Constitution. They spend most of their time ignoring or avoiding it. Leahy is at the top of that list.
- USGS says that the 400 billion barrel estimate at the Bakken Formation is a bit of an exaggeration.
- President Bush wants Congress to undo the ban on offshore drilling and let each state decide. How about extending that to on-shore drilling as well, Mr. President? ANWR would be drilling in about 7.3 sec. (McCain is onboard with this. Scary when he makes sense.)
- Crist can pander all he wants- unless his Congress Critters change their mind, they're not drilling offshore.
- Finally something we agree on- 67% of Americans think we should drill off-shore. Obama calls McCain's endorsement of offshore drilling a flip-flop. I call it listening to your constituency. Then again, I'm not in favor of governing by focus groups, either. I guess it's just a happy coincidence that McCain and most Americans got it right this time.
- Environmentalist whackos are upset because oil companies can "annoy" and "harass" polar bears. Get over it, morons. (Why are polar bears on the endangered species list, anyway? Their numbers are GOING UP.)
- I'm not a fan of the NBA- too many thugs for me. I guess that's why the Celtics' win makes me smile. They have the few remaining good guys.
- Soriano wants to get back on the field before the All Star Break. Nah... he needs make sure it's healed... right? (Nope, not a Cubbies fan.)
- I'm still trying to figure out why the Sonics would want to move to OKC. Makes no sense to me.
- I'm not a big Chad Johnson fan, but... ouch.
- Tiger's out for the year. (Seriously not a golf fan.)
- Walker is still in the hospital. Who intentionally mugs a NFL player???? Must be some big muggers.) (UPDATE: he's out of the hospital now. As for the "not a fan" meme... um... uh...I'm not a
football... hmmm... Raiders... huh... A Ha!!! I'm not a fan of muggers. They're bad guys.)
- I'm not a tennis fan, either, but I'm curious to see if Nadal can beat Federer.
- What if you had a baseball game and no one was allowed to come? (You're not going to make me stretch for a "not fan" are you??? dang... ok... um... I'm not a fan of quiet stadiums? How was that?)
- Tonight's the night to see the lunar illusion.
- Sweet! Pour me another cup.
- Speaking of coffee... how much did this research cost? Anyone who has a coffee pot with a timer could have told them that.
- Astronomy not-news.
- Since sun-spot activity is supposed be down during this cycle, I guess this means that GPS systems will work just fine for a while.
- Let's see... we'll combine a public school, child protective services, and a psychic, and let's see what we get. Lovely... (Yes, I know it's in Canada. Do you really think it would be different in the US?)
- Here's one dad who definitely has the right idea.
- What a way to celebrate your graduation- getting shot in the back.
- Robbing a child's lemonade stand? Talk about scum of the earth.
- If you're going to set someone on fire, you might want to do it somewhere besides in front of a police headquarters.
- Having snake-sat a python, I can provide some "expert" advice on this one... pythons don't respond to commands very well.
- uh... um... eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww. Desperate times and all that, I guess. And I suppose that whoever that heroine was intended for wouldn't care where it had been before, right?
- How bad a politician do you have to be to get the electorate to vote for your dead opponent?
- If people are so worried that their children might see a nude sun bather, maybe they should take their kids to the "non-nude beach." Just a thought...
- Might I suggest prime rib? Some burgers? Pot roast with potatoes and carrots?
- Talk about bad timing.
- Tula Ellice Finklea has passed away at the age of 86. You might know her better as Cyd Charisse.
- Talk about low voter turn-out.
- Why does this stuff always happen in Asia?