Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

There's Something You Don't See Every Day


How often do you see an American League pitcher hit a grand slam home run? Oh, about once every 37 years or so.
Facing a fellow ace from Venezuela, Hernandez connected off Santana (7-6) with two outs in the second inning to give Seattle a 4-0 lead.

"My approach? Just swing. I closed my eyes," said Hernandez, who figured it was his first home run since Little League. "I was happy and I was thinking that's all I need -- four runs."

The opposite-field shot to right-center was the first home run by a pitcher in Mariners history, and the first slam by an AL hurler since Cleveland's Steve Dunning went deep against Oakland's Diego Segui on May 11, 1971, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
What makes this even more beautiful? They beat the Mets. Gotta love that.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?