To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Around The 'Sphere
I haven't really looked at the news sites yet, but here's what other bloggers are yammering about this morning:
- The GOP has a new site where you can learn all about The Obamassiah and all of his friends.
- Speaking of Senator Obama, his prayer at the Wailing Wall has been made public. Some bloggers point out how many "me"s and "my"s there are in it. My response? "So?" Sure, there's a 99.9% probability that his prayer was crafted for public consumption, and it was more than likely leaked to the press. When it comes down to it, though, it's between him and God. I don't particularly care..
- Remember that horribly flawed Supreme Court decision concerning the death penalty for child rapists? Well... there may be factual reasons for The Robed Ones to rehear the case. Both Louisiana and The DoJ have asked for a rehearing. Here's hoping...
- I knew melons were evil. Here's artistic proof.
- umm... better question is, "is there a single Republican employed by MSNBC?" (I mean, is Joe really a Republican?)
- Ed over at HotAir wrote a post about John Carlos and Tommie Smith receiving an ESPY award for courage for their 1968 "black power" salute at the Olympics. It's a good post, but I have to agree with rockhauler in the comments- "cheer or jeer the salute?"- ignore it. It was a symbol of violence and a last ditch attempt at attention. Well, they got it. Congrats. Moving on...
- If you can stomach the journey to HuffPo, RJ thinks he knows who really killed the people at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville. And he didn't even come close. He did explain why they are as kooky as they are, though. One disturbed individual killed those people... not conservatives...
- John Voight is a right wing nut, by Hollywood's standards anyway.
- Here's an interview with Virgin Galactic's first pilot, if you're interested in that kind of stuff.
- This is an interesting article about a family of pilots... but I have to ask the guys out there... cute pilots?
- EA Sports is having a little fun with the whole Favre curfluffle. Can you blame them?