To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Around The Blogosphere
I haven't had a chance to dig through the news yet, but here's what I found in the blogosphere.
- Wizbang is all over two stories.
- Speaker Pelosi is actually thinking about having a vote on offshore drilling. What I thought was intriguing about the post is Kim's link to this post that connects Pelosi to T. Boone Pickens' wind and solar plan (as well as a water grab that I hadn't heard of). Veerrrrrry Innnnterrresting.
- Barack Obama will have some 'splaining to do about his trashing of the Illinois version of the Born Alive Infants Protection Act. He claims that he blocked it because it didn't have a neutrality clause included. However, it was the exact same (within a few words) bill passed by the US Congress. NARAL was even okay with the federal bill. Care to explain that one, Senator?
- At Hot Air, we get these tidbits:
- Will the UN be able to issue a "strongly worded statement" or not? Well, that depends on whether or not the "strongly worded statement" involves troops or not. [Speaking of Russia and Georgia- many of the conservative blogs are going all knee-jerk "Russia is evil". Granted, I'm pretty sure that Russia is taking advantage of the situation, but Georgia is to blame for a bunch of this (well, and Stalin, but let's deal with the past 20 years or so of history for now, ok?). Misha has good info on it (language alert), and here are two interesting posts, one based on an e-mail from an Afghansti. And here is news that Georgia is pulling out of the CIS and encouraging other states to do so as well. ]
- Jonah Goldberg is pretty sure Obama isn't ready for prime time. (Like the list below says, you might not vote for Obama if the first thing you thought of when you heard about the Russians and Georgians going at it was Hillary's 3am commercial.)
- The National Enquirer isn't finished with
Silky PonyLove Lips. (Yeah... that is WAAAAY TMI about Edwards.)
- At Ace's HQ, we have these links:
- These are the droids the Air Force is looking for.
- One step closer to Harry Potter's invisibility cloak. (HDD told me about this first, though.)
- Gateway Pundit has a bunch of posts up about the Russian-Georgian war (including Castro's $.02).