To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Around The Web
This isn't a news round-up, exactly. It's what I've seen around the web about stuff in the news. A little more op-ed than a usual round-up.
- (My token news piece)- Bill Gates is investing in a company that's trying to make gasoline from algae. Cool, if it works.
- Obama has told his acolytes to "argue with them, get into their faces" when discussing the election with Republicans and independents. (Link has video of the speech.) That just gives me the warm fuzzies. Does that mean I can get in their faces when they try preaching their drivel? Then again... I'm not sure most of his acolytes brush their teeth... would I really want to get in their faces? (On the other hand, it's nice to see that Obama is honest about running the most negative campaign of the season.)
- Speaking of negative campaigning... guess who's king of the manipulation of political centripetal force?
- There is a lot of news about the hacker who accessed Palin's e-mail. Here's one guy who says he's the culprit.
- A Democratic Congressman's son was arrested (for smuggling illegals), and the Congress Critter says it's a "family matter." I guess this means the press will leave them alone. Since Rep. Boyd has a (D) after his name, it's a done deal. Must be nice.
- This woman destroys (or severely screws up) anything she gets near. (As an aside, has the MSM pointed out that Clinton removed the regulations on many of the financial institutions currently making news for their bad judgment calls following said deregulation? Or that President Bush tried to fix it? Didn't think so.)
- First we had pigmented porcine puckers, and now we have "don't vote for her because she's cute." Michelle Obama was, of course, talking about... herself? huh? She's not on the ticket, is she? Do we get to vote for First Lady now? Sweet, 'cause she'd lose.
- If it's all the same to you, Senator Biden, I'll be unpatriotic. And let's be honest, Joe... Barry's tax plan is a crock- he can't lower taxes on 95% of Americans because over 1/4 of the population pays NO taxes... the top 5% pay 97% of income tax in this country. So... I guess you're going to lower 3 whole percent of the income taxes paid in this country. Wow... I'm impressed... no, really. I'd be more impressed if taxes were lowered for EVERYONE so that more money can be spent in our economy (or saved, or invested, or... whatever the taxpayer wants to do with it... they earned it... it's their money...)
- I guess Harry Reid does look (or act, at least) a little like Sir Robin. I guess San Fran's Grand Nan is his trusty page, clicking coconuts down the road as they call yet another recess when they really need to be working
(concept bravely stolen from Ed.)
- Rep. Thad McCotter comes as close to calling the Gang of
10 1620 a pack of morons as he could without actually using the "m" word. Pity, that.
- I'm glad there is at least someone in Washington who thinks that all these bailouts are a bad idea.
- Finally! An honest progressive. It's nice to know his support of the troops is conditional on meeting his standards. Life doesn't work like that - thus explaining his horror that we need a military in the first place.
- The Worst Hair in NYC, a former Hillary supporter, is backing McCain. I guess you can add that to my list of things that might leave a mark.
- I just saw this group's ad on FoxNews. (Warning- it auto plays the ad.) Me thinks they aren't big Obama fans (mostly because they clearly and simply explain what Obama's tax plan will cost the average person... 8 months to pay your tax bill for the year????)
- Obama mocked McCain for wanting a commission to investigate the financial crisis. Wonder why? Wonder no more. He doesn't want the facts to come out.