Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, September 19, 2008

Campaign Calls Begin


Over the past few weeks, I've had several messages on my answering machine, asking me to vote for Larry Joe Doherty. He and Matt Finkel are running against Michael McCaul for the District 10 House seat. I'm guessing, but I think I had a message a week.

This morning, I was actually here when the nice young woman from Mr. Doherty's campaign called. The call went something like this:

"Can I speak with Ms. __________"
"Speaking..."
"Hi! I'm calling from the Larry Joe Doherty campaign. He wants to root out corruption and fight special interests and make health care affordable for everyone. Can he count on your vote?"
"No. I will be voting for his opponent."
"But... but... don't you want those things?"
"I don't agree with how he wants to get it done."
"But... but..."
"Have a nice day. Goodbye."

I read on another blog about the "get out the vote" (GOTV) campaign starting, and how some people, when called by the campaign that they don't support, are voicing their support to mess up the internal polling.

I thought about it... for about half a second. I can't even pretend to support Larry Joe that long.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?