Image hosted by Photobucket.com To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

When a "No Brainer" Isn't


This year, I'm involved in a traditional pick'em pool for the NFL, as well as a fantasy football league. One week into the seaon, and it's not looking good for lil' ole me.

First, the pick'em pool. Indianapolis lost? To Chicago? With luck like that, I ended up 10-6. Not that bad, I suppose... just not very good, either. We'll see if I can find my crystal ball before kickoff next weekend.

And now... the fantasy team. At first glance, it's a great team. Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, and Steve Smith are my wide receivers, and  LaDainian Tomlinson, Frank Gore, and Ryan Grant are my running backs. Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis are the tight ends, Shayne Graham is my kicker, and I get to choose between the Giants' and the Bears' defenses. Derek Anderson is was my back-up quarterback, and... wait for it... yeah, Tom Brady is was my starting QB. (I've cut Brady and Anderson.)

Patriots' coach, Bill Belichek said that he knew it (Brady's injury) was bad when he could hear the scream from the sideline.

So, how do I dig myself out of the mess? Well, like I said, I cut Brady and Anderson, and I picked up Philip Rivers for one QB. I'm still researching a back-up. Right now, I'm looking at Aaron Rodgers and Jon Kitna. (Anyone a little more experienced with fantasy leagues have any advice on how to help my team out? Is there anyone you would cut or pick up, and why? ) Besides that, I'll do a little more research, then make my kindergarten-level football educated guess and hope for the best.



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?