To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Any News Out There?
Let's see if I can find something worth commenting on.
- I'd love to see the demographics on this survey. The vast majority of the nation opposed TARP. I can't imagine that they'd be more inclined to support corporate stupidity.
- "Please pray for him not to suffer from this accident." There's really nothing more to say.
- How cute! Today is "Call in Gay" Day... whatever that means. Since we didn't actually have Prop 8 here in sane Texas, I doubt many gays have taken the day off here. hmmm... I should probably go shopping... just in case...
- While we're on the subject... Newsweek seems to think the Bible can mean whatever you want it to mean... words be damned. Oh, yeah... and if you don't like a translation, you can just make up your own.
- Hot Rod is evidently a bit of a pariah these days. I can't imagine why. In other news, Obama has already paged his bus driver.
- Speaking of Hot Rod... is anyone shocked that Jesse Jr. might be "Candidate No. 5"? I guess I am... only because he was willing to hand over the cash. I mean, didn't his daddy teach him better than that?
- Oh, yeah... I'm going to believe Obama on this one... not.
- NHL refs used profanity? Say it isn't so...
- CC is going to the Dark Side. I'm not a Brewers' fan, but still...
- NFLPA is on crack. Just sayin'...
- The NFL is feeling the pinch.
- How bad is it when Blago makes my round-up in multiple categories? Yeah... that bad.
- I hope he stays in Lubbock.
- Colt is staying in Austin. Will Sam stay in Norman?
- Speaking of Sam... he's fine and will be ready for the Gators.
- Is The Goracle vacationing in southern California?
- Food allergy hysteria makes things worse.
- Scientists are morons... but you knew that.
- UNC decided not to follow any one tradition. Lovely. How... politically correct.
- Scientists have tried to figure out when Jesus' birthday actually is. Not like it will change anything. (This is a good video, if you want some of this research explained.)
- So much for the Christmas spirit, I guess.
- Rudolf is back. (You know... if the mother in question had a fun Hanukkah song, I don't see why it couldn't have been added... but the school's argument makes sense- Rudolf isn't exactly a religious figure... the bearded man in the red suit isn't... even if his namesake was.)
- eh... let 'em have their displays... it just shows them to be the whiners that they are. I do not feel insulted or ridiculed by their beliefs. Why should I? (This campaign is a bit smarter. I've always liked the Messages from God billboards.)
- Why do I hate this movie so much? I have no idea... but I just can't stand it. (For those of you who care, here is a "where are they now?" for the cast.)
- ew. No thanks. I'll take care of that myself, if it's ok with you.
- Supposedly, it snowed here last night. Yeah, right.
- How much money did they spend for this study? Men overspend to get a mate? You don't say... in other news, the sky is blue...
- Is it petty of me that this article makes me want to run out and buy a few more artificial trees? One for every room is what I'm thinking...