To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wizbang is having a weekend caption contest using this photo.My favorites so far?
- Now, you're free to swim about the country. #15
- No wonder it couldn't fly. It's got all those people standing on the wings! #18
- If you are landing "on a wing and prayer" and you end up "on a wing and a prayer", then consider your first prayer answered. Amen. #26
What does a one term Senator becoming President and a 28 year veteran pilot have in common?They both scare the hell out of you when the say "watch this" . #43
- They say "any landing you can walk away from is a good landing". What about a landing you can swim away from? #53
- Pilot on the intercom in his best Maxwell Smart voice "Missed the landing strip by thaaaaaat much" #74
- Flight attendant: All right, now do you care about the "in the event of a water landing" speech? #83
Many people are calling Captain Sullenberger a hero. That's hard to argue, too. After completing a maneuver that you can only practice in a simulator, he walked the aisle of the plane twice from tail to nose (in 40° water up to his chin), ensuring that no passengers were left behind. I'd bet, however, that he'd tell you he was just doing his job. According to reports, after he was taken to shore, he sat in the holding area, cap in place, sipping a cup of coffee, cool as a cucumber.
Yep... just doing his job.