To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Presidential Report Card
President Obama has been in office for one week. Let's see how he's done so far...
- Several of his Cabinet appointments are clouded in scandal.
- His first phone call to a world leader was to "Palestinian" President Mahmoud Abbas. (Sorry... there is no such place as "Palestine"... )
- One of his first acts was to approve funding for abortions around the world (even though we're in the middle of a world-wide financial crisis). It was especially tacky how he signed that particular Executive Order on the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. No symbolism there or anything.
- His first television interview was with an Arab-speaking news agency based in Dubai.
- His environmental agenda might well destroy what's left of the auto industry in the United States.
- His economic agenda doesn't look much better. Where did he come up with his economic advisors, anyway?
- He's now an action figure.