To read the tribute to SFC Marcus Muralles, please click here
Friday, January 09, 2009
Round and Round
Some news nibblets for your Friday.
- Reason #594857298723947 why we homeschool.
- The media didn't properly cover the financial "meltdown"??? Say it isn't so.
- Former ACORN members ask for a federal investigation. Maybe they can do what conservatives couldn't... get the feds to act. Then again, it's too late now.
- Obama is using focus groups again? Are you sure he's not Bill's little brother or something?
- Milt Patterson cast the lone "no" vote in the Illinois House's vote to impeach Blago.
- Why in the world would Michael Moore involve himself in the debate over one of The Obamassiah's appointments? Maybe because Dr. Gupta's not his biggest fan.
- (This could be cross-listed in "Oddities.") Obama will be in a "special edition" of Marvel Comics' Amazing Spider Man. How... cute...
- If you're interested in the "is Obama really a naturalized US citizen?" controversy, here's the latest ad. I hadn't heard all of the arguments before. Interesting. But not interesting enough for the Supreme Court to take it up until after the inauguration.
- I didn't actually hear any of this, but it wouldn't surprise me if the media fawned over Tebow like this. I mean, ESPN does it all the time. (There are more.)
- Oklahoma ends the season ranked #5. Way to go, Bob. (Congrats to Utah for getting a little love.)
- Quantum mechanics is cool.
- People are still whining about the deforestation of the Amazon. Wasn't that supposed to destroy the planet 20 years ago or something?
- The Goracle's carbon permit and offset concept is making some serious cash for the folks lucky enough to get in on the ground floor.
- A dog-sled race was canceled... too much snow.
- Colorado is cooling.
- At least they didn't arrest the clerk.
- Let's see... we have hot dogs... hush puppies... catfish... why would we be turned off by sea kittens?